Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Progress

I did get some work completed on the little droid this weekend.  I carved up some parts, and even did a little priming and painting. The legs are getting close to complete.  It's still amazing to me that with a decent 3D model, you can break it into smaller parts, and quickly make it real. 





I decided that it would be worth it to join the R2 Builder's Club, and have submitted an application to the Midwest Robots group on Yahoo Groups (also on facebook) as well.

It's clear that almost everything other than the dome is easily created on a cnc machine.  The dome could be done, but would require much more effort.  If I had a big old indexer/lathe like Dan, I could whip one of those out too....He can handle 18" in diameter easily.  In fact, he could probably carve the whole center body that way...and the legs seperately.  Maybe I better hurry up and turn that extra spindle I have into an indexer.


No comments:

Post a Comment